List:       linux-ultrasparc
Subject:    Re:
From:       franks () plk ! af ! mil
Date:       2000-05-03 16:14:30

------- Forwarded Message

To: "ultralinux@vger.rutgers.edu" <ultralinux@vger.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Help!! sparc Ultra5 w/ RH6.1 crashing
Sender: owner-ultralinux@vger.rutgers.edu

I have an Ultra5 that hangs every 2 weeks or so for no reason (that's
clear to me...)

(deletia...)

The only log entries in any of the logs during the time just before the
last crash was someone probing our ftp server (proftpd 1.2.0pre10) Is
    could you elucidate on this in more detail?

there any script kiddie methods of bringing down the box that I haven't heard
of?

( more deletia...)

------- End of Forwarded Message

ed

--
  Ed Franks                      |  Contracted to :
  SysAdmin - Solaris/SunOS/Linux |    CIO Office