List:       linux-ultrasparc
Subject:    Re: Compile warning...
From:       Peter Jones <pjones () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-04-15 22:03:56

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, David Miller wrote:

>    Date: 	Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:52:08 -0400 (EDT)
>    From: Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com>
>
>    gargleblaster:/usr/src/linux$ make
>    sed: -e expression #1, char 37: Unknown option to 's'
>    rm -f include/asm
>
> I don't get this...  The first thing I do after a beta RH install is
> to cvs checkout and build a kernel, so I'd notice something like this,
> or else it goes by in the build output so fast I don't catch it :-)

Well, I guess I'll look harder for having done something stupid then ;)

>    Which looks like its not pertenant to anything else, at all, anywhere (I
>    just grepped the whole source tree for MAKEOVERRIDES ;)
>
>    Can we just take this out?
>
> MAKEOVERRIDES is an internal 'make' variable, it is used even though
> it is not explicitly referenced.

Oh, ok.  I guess I'll have to pull it appart some more and figure out why
my system is doing odd things with it, and read some more make docs...

> Later,
> David S. Miller
> davem@redhat.com

 -- Peter

"An age is called dark not because the light fails to shine, but because
people refuse to see it."
		-- James Michener, "Space"