List:       linux-ultrasparc
Subject:    Re: Cannot compile with /usr/local/bin/sparc64-linux-gcc
From:       "David S. Miller" <davem () dm ! cobaltmicro ! com>
Date:       1998-09-07 9:04:09

64-bit userland is not supported or even exists yet, that special
64-bit compiler is only for the kernel, we are working on 64-bit
userland as I type this.

So please don't bombard us with "when will it be ready, can I help
etc." questions, so that we can use our valuable time finishing this
task.  We will be quick to notify people when it is ready even for the
most dangerous testing, it is not even at that stage yet.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com