List:       linux-ultrasparc
Subject:    Re: Looking Linux for Sun Enterprise 6900 (UltraSPARC-IV)
From:       "David S. Miller" <davem () davemloft ! net>
Date:       2005-06-28 22:42:44

From: Juan Gamboa <Juan.Gamboa@Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:33:36 -0400

> I need to know if your Linux Distribution supports E6900 with
> UltraSPARC-IV cpu.
>
> If you have an affirmative answer please send me information ASAP.

I've added support to the current kernels, but it is totally
untested since I lack any access to such systems or cpus.

Systems with mixed UltraSPARC-III and UltraSPARC-IV cpus
definitely does not work.  Currently, if the kernel sees
an UltraSPARC-IV cpu, it assumes all cpus have the capabilities
that UltraSPARC-III+ and later cpus have.

If you want support to work and be tested, send me a test
machine so that I can do this.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe ultralinux" in