List:       linux-tulip
Subject:    [tulip] 10BaseT/100BaseT Question
From:       John Cusick <john () cusick ! ws>
Date:       2003-09-23 20:11:24

To All,

I have what I hope is a simple question with a simple answer :-)

Card: Adaptec AN-8944A - 4 Port

The card loads fine as a module and works, but I would like to know if
its possible to force one of the ports to 10BaseT

The situation is that one of the ports is used for a couple of networked
Apple Macs that are up only occasionally. When the module is loaded, if
the machines are not on, the port defaults to 100BaseT and when the
machines come on line they are unable to communicate with the server
since they are 10BaseT and the card does not seem to auto-fall-back to
the slower speed on that port.

Presently, the modules config line states only

# alias eth1 tulip

which was picked up during the install of the system.

I've read the doc, of course, but I wasn't sure if I could just use

# options = 0,0,0,0

or if I needed to add a seperate alias eth1 tulip, alias eth2 tulip, etc

On this sytem now, Redhat 9.0, I presently bring up all 4 interfaces
with the ifcfg-ethX scripts.

Is there a way to set either modules.conf or the ifcfg scripts to set
the particular port to 10BaseT (in this case, eth3)

Regards (and Thanks),

John Cusick