List:       linux-tulip
Subject:    [tulip] RH 7.2/tulip/Netgear FA310TX
From:       Steve Keith <steve () extex ! com>
Date:       2002-01-08 17:46:09

I've searched Redhat, linuxdoc.org and a few months back through the archives, but I \
haven't found a solution to my problem.

Hardware:
IBM PC 365 w/dual PPro processors & 192M RAM
Linksys 100Base-TX Switch
Netgear FA310TX

Installation detected the card and loaded the Tulip driver included with RH 7.2.  For \
about ten minutes it works perfectly.  For another ten minutes, it slows down \
significantly.  After 20 minutes total uptime, the network card performance slows to \
a crawl and stays there until a reboot.  Telnet/ssh connections lag and file \
transfers via samba are very very slow.

I downloaded, complied and installed the latest tulip drivers.  The results were the \
same.

I tried a Netgear FA311 (natsemi drivers) with the exact same results.

When I use an ISA 3Com 3C509 10Base-T card, things work as expected.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

---