List:       linux-thinkpad
Subject:    [ltp] Help with brightness applet
From:       Christos Papadopoulos <christos () CS ! ColoState ! EDU>
Date:       2008-04-30 20:57:19

The brightness applet on my X40 with Fedora 8, kernel 2.6.24.5-85.fc8
does not seem to work properly - it cannot set brighness to max and it
seems to get out of synch with the bios settings. Actually, it's been a
tossup whether the applet will work after each recent kernel upgrade.
Function keys always seem to work, fortunately.

Can someone point me to a tutorial or some document that explains how
the applet works?

Thanks,

Christos.