List:       linux-thinkpad
Subject:    [ltp] xf86-video-ati gentoo live ebuild for display hotplug on Radeon Thinkpads
From:       Andrey Kislyuk <kislyuk () gatech ! edu>
Date:       2007-06-29 15:30:01

I finally managed to get DVI hotplug working with the randr-1.2 branch
of xf86-video-ati. I'm posting the ebuild below in case anyone wants to
use it.

You need to keyword and install the following:
xorg-server-1.3.0.0
xrandr-1.2.0
xf86-video-ati-9999 (ebuild below)

Note that the current git version has a problem compiling alone due to
unset version symbols, USE=version-patch is there to correct that.
(thanks to http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-374745.html)

After that you can reconfigure your outputs into any configuration using
xrandr.

This, together with libata ultrabay hotswap, puts Linux in full hardware
support parity with Windows on my T40. w00t

Thanks to Alex Deucher who made this possible.

-ak

["xf86-video-ati-9999.ebuild" (text/plain)]

# Copyright 1999-2007 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2

# Must be before x-modular eclass is inherited
SNAPSHOT="yes"

EGIT_REPO_URI="git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/${PN}"
EGIT_BRANCH="randr-1.2"

inherit x-modular git

DESCRIPTION="ATI video driver"
unset SRC_URI
KEYWORDS="~x86"
IUSE="dri version-patch"

RDEPEND=">=x11-base/xorg-server-1.3"
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
	x11-proto/fontsproto
	x11-proto/randrproto
	x11-proto/videoproto
	x11-proto/xextproto
	x11-proto/xineramaproto
	x11-proto/xf86miscproto
	x11-proto/xproto
	dri? ( x11-proto/glproto
			x11-proto/xf86driproto
			=x11-libs/libdrm-9999 )"

CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="$(use_enable dri)"

src_unpack() {
	x-modular_specs_check
	x-modular_server_supports_drivers_check
	x-modular_dri_check
	git_src_unpack
	x-modular_patch_source
	if use version-patch; then
		epatch ${FILESDIR}/${P}-undo-version-macro.patch
	fi
	x-modular_reconf_source
}

pkg_setup() {
	if use dri && ! built_with_use x11-base/xorg-server dri; then
		die "Build x11-base/xorg-server with USE=dri."
	fi
}