List:       linux-sparse
Subject:    Re: specifying custom attributes
From:       Robin Getz <rgetz () blackfin ! uclinux ! org>
Date:       2007-08-03 3:41:51

On Thu 2 Aug 2007 20:53, Josh Triplett pondered:
> On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 18:53 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > the Blackfin port has a few custom gcc attributes that annoys sparse:
> > include/asm/uaccess.h:63:77: error: attribute 'l1_text': unknown
> attribute
> >
> > is there a way from the cmdline to specify a custom list of OK
> > attributes ?  i feel like adding these processor-specific attributes
> > to the source code may not be the way you guys wish to go ...
>
> Currently no.  It might make sense to add a way to turn off the "unknown
> attribute" warning, like GCC's -Wno-attributes.

I'm not sure that helps. (if it is just a global turn it off).

We would like :
 - (a) not to get false assertions (when 'l1_text' is used)
 - to get proper assertions when:
    - (b) someone does a typo (when 'l1_test' is used)
    - (c) compiled on a system which doesn't support this (like x86)
          to make sure we didn't polute anything we should not have

Adding things to the source will cause c to fail.
using something like -Wno-attributes will cause b to fail (unless you were
thinking it would take a list on the command line)

-Wno-attributes foo,bar,l1_text

?

-Robin
-