List:       linux-sparse
Subject:    Re: unused macros and include files
From:       Linus Torvalds <torvalds () osdl ! org>
Date:       2004-11-16 16:46:55

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> tried that, works fine, but a different issue is that
> it seems that I have to sum up the usages across
> 'identical streams' ... because for some headers more
> than one stream seems to be allocated:
>
> [14,    3] = /usr/include/time.h
> [21,    0] = /usr/include/time.h

Yes, they count as separate streams because it wasn't worth it not doing
so.

> I got the impression that the loop in init_stream
> (using identical_files()) is taking care of that ...

Different test. You can't just re-use the stream, because if it's a
recursive include, the _other_ fields in the stream structure need to be
set if it is used. Ie "next_path", constness etc. Maybe something clever
could be done, but this didn't seem to be the place for being clever, so
you'll need to handle it on your end.

		Linus
-