List:       linux-sparse
Subject:    type_difference
From:       terra () gnome ! org (Morten Welinder)
Date:       2004-09-14 18:26:38

Currently type_difference silently ignores these attributes:

#define MOD_IGNORE (MOD_TOPLEVEL | MOD_STORAGE | MOD_ADDRESSABLE |	\
	MOD_SIGNED | MOD_UNSIGNED | MOD_EXPLICITLY_SIGNED |		\
	MOD_ASSIGNED | MOD_USERTYPE | MOD_FORCE | MOD_ACCESSED)

I plan to take out MOD_SIGNED | MOD_UNSIGNED | MOD_EXPLICITLY_SIGNED from
this and call it MOD_SIGNEDNESS, then have callers explicitly mention
these.

Then in turn I want to mask out MOD_SIGNEDNESS from target_mod_ignore and
source_mod_ignore in recursive calls within type_difference and possibly
whenever the outer loop is done.  In other words, signedness will only
be ignored at top level.  As a consequence, the following program will
cause an error as it should:

    typedef char (*T) (void);
    static signed char f (void);
    T v = f;