I'm quite sure that we previously compiled against a version of this header that comes from a debian _i386_ box. Does this make a difference? We checked the header into CVS because this allows us to build on machines that don't have oss installed. (historical :) ) Anyway, I've changed this now, but as I said our build box/dev box has an ailing hard disk, so I won't be able to recompile for a few days. Cheers, Pete On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, David S. Miller wrote: > Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 19:15:53 -0400 > From: Ben Collins > > Dave, when was this change made, and why doesn't it show up in > stock sources? > > There were no changes, these values have always been this way. > > In fact I cannot remember ever seeing linux/soundcard.h being modified > in any way whatsoever in the 2.2.x series in fact. > > The debian sparc compiler is different, is it defining the "sun" cpp > symbol by default or something equally silly? This would change the > values used. > > Please, Ben, look on a 2.0 debian system for how this constant is > derived by the compiler/glibc combination there so we can root this > problem once and for all. Thanks. > > Later, > David S. Miller > davem@redhat.com > - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in the body of the message to majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu