List:       linux-sparc
Subject:    Re: IPC Install help
From:       "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill () cotw ! com>
Date:       2000-04-27 0:45:14

"Michael W. Bogucki" wrote:

> Hi,
>         Well two big problems are that it took sooooo loooonnnnggg to
> boot (either by CD or Floppy) with 12 Megs of ram of course...
> And I still cannot figure out how to access 'fdisk' on RH6.0...It goes
> into Disk Druid...and from my understanding disk druid does not allow me
> to setup the 'whole disk' partition needed by the Sun...
>         Is fdisk available on the RH6.0 Cd during installation?? Do I need
> to pass some sort of command line statment during SILO bootup??

When you boot up with the RH disk, at the lilo boot prompt try this:

    LILO: linux expert text <ENTER>

This will put you into expert mode allowing you to have the most control
over the install as possible and also sparing you the slow GUI during
install.

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer