List:       linux-sparc
Subject:    Re: sunhme.c bit?
From:       "David S. Miller" <davem () redhat ! com>
Date:       2000-04-19 7:35:33

   From: Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev@metabyte.com>
   Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:05:23 -0700 (PDT)

   I guess, when you threw this out, your reasoning was that it is not
   part of a driver to enable PCI mastering. Was it so? Why this piece
   was there originally?

That's right, all PCI command/latency/cache-line-size/etc. register
initialization belongs in the PCI controller driver port.  Once
I made this for sparc64 PCI support, I deleted this code, all you
have to do is implement it too in the sparc32 PCI support code :-)

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com
-