List:       linux-sparc
Subject:    SS10 boot problem
From:       Paolo Droghetti <p.droghetti () fe ! nettuno ! it>
Date:       1999-04-29 9:47:26

Hello all,

I have just finished to load Red Hat 5.2 on my SS10 without errors. The
problem that I have now is  simply the booting .
My system consists of SS10 with ROM 2.12.
I have  two hardisks of the same type  :  SEAGATE SUN1.05GB..........

The first disk (SCSI ID 1) contains the  / partition (sda1) and the swap

partition (sda2) . The second contains the /usr partition (sdb1).  If ,
at the ok prompt, I try to boot typing boot  ,  the answer of the system

id illegal instruction. Probably I simply need to set the variables
boot-file and boot-device to the correct values.
Is there anyone able to help me ?

                                              Thanks

["p.droghetti.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]
-