List:       linux-sparc
Subject:    watchdog resets debugging ...
From:       Dave Airlie <airlied () skynet ! csn ! ul ! ie>
Date:       1998-08-24 18:53:27

Is there anything I can do to debug a non-hardware watchdog-reset ..

I have a SparcClassic running RH4.2 + Linux 2.0.35 from the latest 2.0
snapshot for sparc ... I'm running non-SMP kernel that is on vger ..

I am using the box as a poor-man's NMS, I have compiled the VNC package
from the ORL on Sparc-linux (which was bad enough), vnc allows portable X
sessions btw ... I run the Xvnc server on the classic and run the viewer
from another machine ... I have tkined running accepting traps from a
switch and I have minicom running for a serial console to the switch ..

With 2.0.33 I noticed that the networking would die after running this
configuration for a few hours ( just the networking I couldn't ping
localhost  but I could log in fine on the console .. ) ...

I upgraded to 2.0.35 and it now watchdog resets the machine after about a
day ...

Any ideas on how I can proceed with this? I would like to fix this problem
if possible .. I may got for a 2.1.x kernel soon but at the moment I have
not the time ...

Thanks,
	Dave.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied	-- Telecommunications Researcher      \

-
the body of the message to majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu