List:       linux-sparc
Subject:    missing show_trace_task?
From:       Neal Stephenson <neal () YorkU ! CA>
Date:       2001-11-29 15:57:42

Hi,

	I added

void show_trace_task(struct task_struct *tsk)
{
  printk("show_trace_trask: Not implemented.\n");
}

	to arch/sparc/kernel/traps.c to get the 2.4.16 kernel to
	compile. This function seems to be called from kernel/sched.c
	not that I have taken a large lookup. It is the first non 2.2
	kernel I have manged to compile on the sparc (I have a sparc
	10). No comment on stability but it looked like
	show_trace_task is just informational. I am not a kernel
	person, so i really don't know. Thought you'd like to know.

from /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : Texas Instruments, Inc. - MicroSparc
fpu             : SuperSparc on-chip FPU
promlib         : Version 3 Revision 2
prom            : 2.10
type            : sun4m
ncpus probed    : 1
ncpus active    : 1
BogoMips        : 40.24
MMU type        : TI Viking/MXCC

		Neal

--
Neal Stephenson <neal@yorku.ca>		Phone:	(416) 736-2100 x40211
Manager, Development Services		Fax:	(416) 736-5830