List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Optimizing performance for PCM sound?
From:       Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym () canada ! com>
Date:       2001-05-12 21:41:22

I have a PII 300 machine which I am adapting for use with ViaVoice
text-to-speech and Emacspeak for a blind user.  The machine uses the
es1868 sound chipset with the OSS drivers (VV-generated sound has
serious noise problems with the ALSA drivers)

Are there any general kernel parameters to increase performance
specifically for sound playback?

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@linux.ca>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
T(C)Inc Business Innovations through Open Source http://www.teledyn.com