List:       linux-sound
Subject:    xmms hack
From:       etork () inetnebr ! com
Date:       2000-07-11 18:16:47

  I'm looking for a way to get xmms to output to a file or print something to
stderr when it begins playing.  I'm building a light controller that is driven
by a database and need a flag to tell me when the music has started so I can
start the output from the db to the controller.  Is there a command-line
option, or a small piece of code for xmms that can do this?

 - Eric

Eric A. Tork
\'The Man Behind the Machine\'

  Network Administrator
  The Gallup Organization
  68th Street, Lincoln, Ne.

 \'The fact that people think rap music is
  great is overshadowed by the fact that Kurt
  Cobain didn\'t need bodyguards\'