List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Re: Missing 16bit DMA channel
From:       Paul Laufer <pelaufer () csupomona ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-19 2:37:57

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Peter Leif Rasmussen wrote:

> I have mentioned this before and I'm sure you are sick of it, but having
> investigated some more I am actually more confused about this issue than ever.

[SNIP]

> Could someone please tell me what I am missing here?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Peter

Peter,

Could you please send me a copy of your /proc/isapnp from a 2.3.99 kernel
(if not available a copy of the output from pnpdump would work)? The copy
I have, for the Creative ViBRA16C PnP, shows that the card actually asks
for a 16 bit DMA. This goes against what I've heard about these cards,
that they need two 8 bit DMAs. If your card is also asking for a 16 bit
dma, then it is not the fault of the kernel but a hardware bug, which
needs a isapnp quirk written for it (I'll write it if you test it).

Anyway, I'd appreciate a copy of your /proc/isapnp anyway. Perhaps I
should start a database . . . Or is there one available?

Thanks,
Paul Laufer