List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Re: no recording w/ emu10k1 (SBLive! and SBPCI512)
From:       Jonathan Oppenheim <jono () Phys ! UAlberta ! CA>
Date:       2000-04-12 0:35:56

just an update on the SBLive driver, since a number of
people emailed me and had similar problems.

It seems to record fine now with the CVS driver (available
at www.opensource.com)

recording with SLab works (if you run SLab as root!)

i have not yet got kvoice to work, but understand that
other people (with different soundcards) get similar error
messages, so it may just be a bad program (i heard that it is
no longer supported).

if anyone knows what permissions to change to get SLab to
work without being root, please let me know.

thanks for the help,
jonathan