List:       linux-sound
Subject:    [patch] Soundblaster driver
From:       Paul Laufer <pelaufer () csupomona ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-10 9:05:32

Hi,

This patch cleans up the soundblaster driver by combining all the various
sb_init_XXX() functions into one sb_init() function and settles on one way
of doing isapnp detection (versus the two that are currently done). I have
assembled what I believe to be a complete PnP table for supported cards.
Patch against 2.3.99-pre4-5.

It also enables ISAPnP detection of multiple cards with only one load of
the driver. This is needed because of Alex's patch which prevents ISAPnP
detection of two similar cards the old way (ie symlinking sb.o to sb1.o
and loading both). isapnpjump is useless if both cards are the same...

I have updated the soundblaster documentation regarding ISAPnP and new
module options.

Please test this if you use the Soundblaster driver. This is a rather
large patch that touches most of sb_card.c. If there are no problems I
will submit this to Linus.

Thank you all for your time,
Paul Laufer

P.S. I am writing this at 2am local, so please forgive any stupid mistakes
(like forgetting to attach the patch - Ye gods, not again! :)

["sb_card.99pre4-5.patch.gz" (APPLICATION/octet-stream)]