List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Re: NEVERMIND! Re: can't compile emu10k1 drivers
From:       Paco <paco () OhKeePa ! Net>
Date:       2000-04-07 20:14:41

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Rui Sousa wrote:

> Paco wrote:
> >
> > I had to hack the Makefiles a bit, but I finally got the drivers
> > compiled and working.
> >

> What was the problem? So that I can fix it in CVS...
>
> Rui Sousa

Rui,

The first problem was that gcc kept complaining about "malformed options"
when trying to compile the driver for my Athlon.  The second problem was
the compilers inablility to find emu_wrapper.h .

To fix problem (1)
-----------------
In the Makefile.i386 (for 2.4), I had to modify the following line:

CFLAGS := $(CFLAGS) -DCPU=686 -march=pentiumpro -mpentiumpro
-malign-functions=4 -fschedule-insns2 -mwide-multiply
-fexpensive-optimizations

to read

CFLAGS := $(CFLAGS) -DCPU 686

I probably could have left most of these options alone.  Only the
"pentiumpro" stuff was causing me problems.

To fix problem (2)
Changed all lines like this:

#include <emu_wrapper.h>

to read