List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Re: sb_card.c cleanup
From:       Alessandro Zummo <azummo () ita ! flashnet ! it>
Date:       2000-03-28 5:35:34

Warning: This is a message in MIME format. Your mail reader does not
support MIME. Some parts of this message will be readable as plain text.
To see the rest, you will need to upgrade your mail reader. Following are
some URLs where you can find MIME-capable mail programs for common platforms:

  Amiga............: YAM          http://www.yam.ch/
  Unix.............: Metamail     ftp://ftp.bellcore.com/nsb/
  Windows/Macintosh: Eudora       http://www.qualcomm.com/

General info about MIME can be found at:

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/mail/mime-faq/top.html

 On 27-Mar-00 at 23:32:12,
  Paul Laufer <pelaufer@csupomona.edu> wrote:

>>  sb "compatible" card not listed in the table but
>>  with a know logical device id will not work as before.

> vendor id. And we know what all the ISAPnP ids are for these Creative Labs
> and ESS cards, so I don't see the problem. Besides, I am willing to handle

 if we have (quite) all of them this is no more a problem.

>>  Then you could also take in account
>>  if the card has been initialized by the driver
>>  or not.

> module options, as before. But I also like the multiple detection scheme.
> I had stopped working on it after not hearing back from Alan about the
> idea.

Alan is quite busy..but i'm sure he likes it.. also
because it defaults to multiple=0 (isn't it? :-) , so nothing is changed
for the normal user.

Here is the latest patch i sent to Linus.. it's against pre3
Eventually you can patch against pre3+thispatch.

--

   - *Alex* -

  http://freepage.logicom.it/azummo/

["patch_sbmo-2.3.99-pre3.gz" (application/octet-stream)]