List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Crystal cs4236: clicking noise
From:       "Fernandez, Richard" <fernandez () hazeltine ! com>
Date:       1999-11-29 20:24:53

Hello,

I have a Quantex H-1331 notebook running RH6.1

I have sound up and running; I can play both music CD's and digital sound
files.

The problem is that when I play a sound file, in addition to the sound in
the file, I also get a steady clicking noise. It sounds sort of like the
popping noise you hear when you play old LP's.

CD's play fine. The problem is only with files like .wav files.

I'm not sure what other information would be helpful to include...

Thanks in advance for you help!

--Rich