List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Re: problems compiling players
From:       Rick Marshall <rjm () herzfeld ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-07-07 23:26:20

"Kirchner, Eric C." wrote:

> This question isn't directly related to sound, but hope someone can give me
> a pointer -- I have tried to compile a great deal of players -- trying to
> find one that will work with the libraries I have right now, but Many of
> them TAR says are bad -- Its so many that I think I am missing something --
> I try to untar using
>
> tar -xvf {filename}.tar

The sources are usually {filename}.tar.gz and can be untarred with

tar xvzf {filename}.tar.gz

(if you have gnu tar)

but also make sure you issue the "binary" command to ftp before getting the
sources. You may have corrupt files

Rick

--
mailto:rjm@herzfeld.com.au <=> RICK MARSHALL <=> http://www.herzfeld.com.au/isl
   International Software Laboratories Pty Limited - Australia, New Zealand