List:       linux-sound
Subject:    real-time software synths
From:       est () hyperreal ! org
Date:       1999-06-06 20:12:11

I'm looking for a real-time software synthesis package for linux that
can handle streaming midi (or sequencer messages or, really any
format) input.

I know that a number are listed on the Linux MIDI & Sound Apps page,
but I haven't had luck with them..and I tried *very* hard (including
writing a script to interact with TiMidity++ in its server mode and
hackin its sources to bits..no luck).

So, I'm curious what packages people actually have working.
Opensource is always a plus of course. :)

Thanks in advance,

Eric