List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Re: CW-7502 -> cdda2wav -> zeroes
From:       ford () omnicron ! com (Mike "Ford" Ditto)
Date:       1998-10-12 6:52:30

A while back I wrote:
> I am trying to use Cdda2wav version 0.8 to read audio tracks from a
> Panasonic CW-7502 (which is widely reported to have good CDDA reading
> capability).  The program can read and display the TOC correctly and it
> writes the correct number of bytes into the output file, but all of the
> audio samples are zero (total silence).
[ ... ]

A few other people reported that they had the same difficulty.

For the record:  An email from cdda2wav author Heiko Eissfeldt
<heiko@colossus.escape.de> indicated that a newer version of cdda2wav
exists which works with the CW-7502:
    ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/cdda2wav/cdda2wav-0.95beta07.tar.gz

I tried it and it worked perfectly!

					-=] Mike [=-