List:       linux-sound
Subject:    2.6.0-2 says /dev/dsp not found -  sound not working
From:       Anthony Campbell <ac () acampbell ! org ! uk>
Date:       2003-08-05 13:18:52

Just trying out 2.6.0-2. Everything seems to be working except sound. I
have Ensoniq 1371 and it works fine with 2.4.21.

I enabled this in 2.6.0-2 and it was recognized at boot but on trying to
use sound I get a message saying that /dev/dsp cannot be found. It is
there.

Any suggestions? (Please reply by email as well as to the list as I am
not subscribed.) Many thanks.

AC

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic