List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Re: es1371 driver
From:       Wilmer van der Gaast <lintux () debian ! org>
Date:       2002-02-21 18:03:40

Jaroslav Kysela (perex@suse.cz) wrote:
> If O_NONBLOCK is clear:
> 	The open() function will block the calling thread until the device
> is ready or available before returning.

Hmm.. Damn, looks like a *lot* of applications don't know about this.

Also, I checked a couple of other drivers (including GUS, the card I
used to have), they all return -EBUSY when the device in use, even when
O_NONBLOCK is clear. Why this inconsistency?

Greetings,

Wilmer van der Gaast.

--
| lintux : :'  :  lintux.cx |  | Unix and CGI @   IOI/NIO(Dutch)at |