List:       linux-sony
Subject:    Re: [Linux-sony] Maxing out RAM on a PCG-GR214EP
From:       "John S. Andersen" <jsa () norcomix ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2005-01-04 19:53:07

On 4 Jan 2005 at 13:51, Christian Schott wrote:

> Hi, everybody,
>
> I've got the rather outdated PCG-GR214EP. To get it a bit more
> up-to-date I would love to put some RAM in it. Sony says on the
> homepage, that my Baby doesn't work with more than 512MB... But I
saw
> a dealer site selling this very same notebook with 1GB in it. My
> question is whether anyone of you has already tried putting more
than
> 2x256MB in this notebook.

Go to www.crucial.com and use their automated search, or
send them email.  They will have the correct memory and a
money back if it does not work offer.

Sony always says the max ram is the max they ship,
but they will also sell you more ram (at rip off prices) if
you call them up to buy some.

So if you have the slots, you can fill them.