List:       linux-sony
Subject:    Re: [Linux-sony] Slightly OT: The PCG-GRV550 - upgrading RAM
From:       John Andersen <jsa () norcomix ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2003-05-31 6:00:44

On Friday 30 May 2003 09:52 pm, David Orriss Jr wrote:
> On Friday, May 30, 2003 10:19 PM,
>
> John S. Andersen <jsa@norcomix.dyndns.org> wrote:
> >> Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the RAM on the GRV550 to
> >> 1GB?
> >
> > More than likely yes. www.crucial.com
>
> The Crucial site is excellent.  Unfortunately they say the GRV500 series
> only holds up to 512MB of RAM.
>
> Oh well...

Don't believe them un till you email and double check.  Lots of times
what they say is what the manufacturer says.  But if you have two
memory slots you can often get a couple of 512 meggers in there.

My GRX series machine also says 512 max, but its running 768.
When I emailed them to ask if they thought 512 would work
they said yes and gave me the part number.  So open the
memory bay and see how many slots you have, and if it does
not work they will probably take it back....

John Andersen - NORCOM
http://www.norcomsoftware.com/