List:       linux-sony
Subject:    Re: [Linux-sony] little OT: a linux question about my desktop
From:       Antares Meketa <ameketa () uclink4 ! berkeley ! edu>
Date:       2003-05-22 16:09:59

On Thursday 22 May 2003 08:54 am, Ted Serreyn wrote:
> I presume the stick is a sony memory stick?  That is not identified as
> system memory, rather is is more like a ram disk.

"Stick" is common slang for a {d,s}imm.

<snip>However, passing the argument mem=192 in lilo causes the system to
> > hand right after
> > Ok, booting the kernel.
</snip>

Yes!  You must specify "mem=192M" and not "mem=192".  You were telling your
kernel to use 192 bytes of memory, and it tried its hardest ^_^

(by the way, I did that myself once before)

--Antares