List:       linux-sony
Subject:    [Linux-sony] kernel config 2.4.20 for R600/R505
From:       "Lawrence, BN (Bryan) " <B.N.Lawrence () rl ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-12-22 9:59:18

Hi Folks

I have a 'working' 2.4.20 kernel on my vaio now.  Well, I say working
insofar
as it boots my machine ... and ethernet works. I'm pretty much where I was
with the bog standard suse 8.1 kernel.

I've added the acpi and swsusp patches. I have sjog working (sort of). I can
see the
battery and temperature etc.

Current state with the dvd/cd-rw in the docking station is that it still
doesn't work.
I think the problem lies with the module sr_mod.

Something odd goes on when I do the make modules_install. Although sr_mod.o
has
been built, the only module that gets copied from the ../drivers/scsi/
directory
to /lib/modules/... is  ide-scsi.o. Yet all the interesting (missing)
modules appear
to have been built and are ready for use ... before I start copying them at
random across to /lib/modules and hoping for the best, I'd like to
understand
what is going on.

Is it possible my kernel .config is broken? Any chance someone can send me a
copy of
a working .config for an R600/R505 against 2.4.20 that I can try? (It might
also help
to have the accompaning /etc/modules.conf, that seems pretty important too).

Thanks in advance,
Bryan