List:       linux-sony
Subject:    [Linux-sony] PCG-FX300
From:       altair () rhythm ! cx
Date:       2002-01-04 19:08:47

Hi there. A friend of mine is looking to buy a Sony Viao PCG-FX300 notebook.
He wants to make sure linux will support at least all the major hardware
components before he buys it. I've searched on the web and through the list
archives for this list for information on this model but I found nothing
specific. I don't have any experience with Sony hardware and I don't know
how greatly the hardware varies between models, so I thought I'd ask about
this specific model before spending the money on it. Does anyone out there
have this particular model, or one that they know is similar to it? If so,
how well does linux run on it?

Thanks