List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: CUV4X-D
From:       "Simon Garner" <sgarner () expio ! co ! nz>
Date:       2001-08-28 2:13:11

Hi Vladimir,

Just spent a few hours working on the system again and I am pleased to say
that I've got it working at last.

For anyone else having trouble with a CUV4X-D[LS] motherboard, the most
important things to do, I think, are:

- Upgrade your BIOS to v1010 from http://www.asus.com.tw
- Upgrade to Linux kernel 2.4.9
- Disable the secondary IDE controller in BIOS setup (Advanced > Chip
Config), and configure any IDE drives manually rather than leaving as Auto
Detect.

I'm running RH7.1 with a CUV4X-D (dual P3 800EBs), an Adaptec SCSI 29160 PCI
card with a Quantum Atlas as the boot drive, plus a IDE CD-ROM drive on the
primary master, and it's now happily booting up every time with no problems.
(I'm *not* running with 'noapic' or with MPS 1.4 disabled.)

Phew :-)

Cheers

Simon Garner

From: "Vladimir G Ivanovic" <vladimir@acm.org>

> "SG" == Simon Garner <sgarner@expio.co.nz> writes:
>
>   SG> Hi,
>
>   SG> Can anybody recommend a P3/P4/Athlon SMP motherboard that actually
works
>   SG> with Linux 2.4? Obviously the Asus CUV4X-D series (Via 694 chipset)
is
>   SG> *still* not supported.
>
> This is incorrect. I am running quite successfully an ASUS CUV4X-DLS
> with Red Hat 7.1 and a 2.4.9 kernel. I've posted to this list what I did
> to make my system work.
>
> --- Vladimir
>
> Vladimir G. Ivanovic                    http://www.leonora.org/~vladimir
> 2770 Cowper St.                                         vladimir@acm.org
> Palo Alto, CA 94306-2447                                 +1 650 678 8014
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-smp" in

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-smp" in