List:       linux-smp
Subject:    of Oops's and IO-APIC's on 2.4.2
From:       Orion Henry <orion () trustcommerce ! com>
Date:       2001-03-07 18:36:59

I have been struggling with server for a while now getting unlogged
oops's and hard locks.  I have yet to write the OOPS's down by hand
since I have been assuming I am wrangling with a hardware issue not a
kernel issue (because I have a similarly configured box with no
problems).  I noticed a IO-APIC warning in the 2.4.2smp kernel when
I booted last time that told me to mail this to you... so I am.  Se
attached.

The box is a dual PIII 533 on a SuperMicro PIIIDME with onboard eepro100
ethernet and a DAC960 raid controller... That's pretty much the whole
thing.

If you believe that these oop's I have been getting are indeed a kernel
problem let me know and I will copy the bloody thing down and mail it to
you.  Also, if you have any suggestions as to what I might be able to do
to get the box stable ASAP so it can start doing work, that would be
wonderful (I am trying uni processor now)

Much thanks
Orion

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-smp" in