List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Problems with LINUX SMP support for chipset Intel440BX
From:       "Denis A. Nemtsev" <nemtsev () rtsoft ! msk ! ru>
Date:       2000-07-22 16:04:29

Hi everybody,

Would you please help me to clear the following problem.
I am working with CompactPCI dual processor Pentium III (Coppermine) from
General Microsystems GMSC2P3.
Chipset is Intel440BX.
Windows NT works OK: I can see both two processors.
But when I try to start SMP Linux Kernel I can see that kernel can not find
second CPU.
Message from kernel during bootstrap is: "Bad config table version
(-5)!!"............"Only one processor found".

Dear Guru's! Can anybody tell me what can be the reason?

P.S. Naturally, I tryied different versions of kernel's (2.2.12; 2.2.16;
2.4.0-test4). And I tryied them in combination with different
BIOS chipset setting (SMP spec 1.1 and 1.4).

Thank you.
Denis A. Nemtsev
RTSoft Co.
nemtsev@rtsoft.msk.ru