List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: SMP messages
From:       Alan Cox <alan () lxorguk ! ukuu ! org ! uk>
Date:       2000-06-17 0:28:54

> "WARNING: MP table in the EBDA can be UNSAFE"

It shouldnt matter now days - there used to be a risk we might stamp on it
before we found it.

> Also, what does this mean?
>
> mtrr: your CPUs had inconsistent fixed MTRR settings
> mtrr: probably your BIOS does not setup all CPUs

Means your bios implementor cant read and Linux fixed it up. Dont worry.
I dont think reading standards or QA are high on the hiring wants of most
BIOS vendors.

Alan

-
Linux SMP list: FIRST see FAQ at http://www.irisa.fr/prive/dmentre/smp-howto/