List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: power off on shutdown
From:       "Robert M. Hyatt" <hyatt () cis ! uab ! edu>
Date:       2000-02-24 23:29:27

APM is bad, but APM power-off is ok.  IE many of us use that to be
able to remotely power down a SMP box if needed (say in case of a
severe storm headed toward the area where the box is running).

Robert Hyatt                    Computer and Information Sciences
hyatt@cis.uab.edu               University of Alabama at Birmingham
(205) 934-2213                  115A Campbell Hall, UAB Station
(205) 934-5473 FAX              Birmingham, AL 35294-1170