List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: [Q] bad motherboard or CPUs
From:       "Derrick Steed" <derrick () m-steed ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-12-24 9:39:45

I can't help with the messages, but your statement about the RAM chips you
are using seems strange.

There are two types of DIMM - SDRAM and EDO or FPM DIMM, one is synchronous
in operation, the other asynchronous. I wouldn't advise mixing types, try
the operation of your board with only one of the RAM chips installed and
make sure the BIOS is set correctly for the RAM.

Rgds,

Derrick.