List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: Dual Celery on BP6
From:       stano () trillian ! eunet ! sk
Date:       1999-12-18 18:57:00

> In the /proc/interrupts output the ERR was incrementing
> and the LOC was a relatively big number (I have no
> idea what it means).

Hmm - there are more differences. The NMI count
is zero for 2.2.13, but approximately a sum
of CPU0 and 1 timers for 2.3.33. Is this only
a difference in indication, or does something
work differently in 2.3?

> Abit BP6, two Celerons 433 OC to 507 (78 MHz bus),

There really is some connection with the bus speed -
e.g. the "ERR to NMI" ratio is appr. 1:1000 for 78 MHz
and 1:3000 for 72 MHz.

The number of variables is unfortunately relatively
high - it would be interesting to know if the number
of checksum errors is a function of bus speed, CPU speed,
CPU voltage, CPU temperature, BX chip temperature,
noise on the power lines, ...

Perhaps the real problems come when the checksum error
is _not_ detected - with the checksum being only one
byte the probability is not so small...

Regards
--
				Stano