List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: smp monitoring & managing
From:       Borislav Deianov <borislav () lix ! polytechnique ! fr>
Date:       1999-11-18 14:16:28

In article <3833380C.67B47F8C@mediaone.net> you wrote:
> Wouldn't this be kind of like upping the nice value on the processes?  I
> haven't checked out your script, but isn't that what nice is all about,
> dictating priority of processes/user jobs??

A fair scheduler gives you more control and guarantees, see my reply
to Herbert Wengatz.

> BTW, if you could, please reply only to the group, I keep getting dual and
> quad messages.  I like dual and quad processors, but not multiple messages
> (I receive 71 messages today!!)....

Some people want to be CC-ed, some don't. CC-ing the author is good if
you read the list as a newsgroup or you sort your incoming mail into
different folders depending on whether it was sent to you personally
or just the list.

Regards,
Borislav
-