List:       linux-smp
Subject:    [Linux SMP FAQ] updated! v1.00 -- 25 september 1999
From:       "David Mentr'e" <David.Mentre () irisa ! fr>
Date:       1999-09-25 18:56:23

Hello all SMP users/hackers,

I've finally updated the SMP FAQ. A lot of things are deleted (I think
they were outdated). A usual, I welcome any comment.

v1.00, 25 septembre 1999

     ·  first upgrade since a long long time!
     ·  reprocessed the whole FAQ: 2.2 is here and 2.4 soon
     ·  added kernel locking information from Ingo Molnar
     ·  deleted item "How will my application perform under SMP?":
        outdated
     ·  deleted item "My SMP system is locking up all the time.":
        outdated
     ·  deleted item "You are running 2.0.35 aren't you ?": outdated
     ·  deleted item "Some hardware is also known to cause problems.":
        outdated
     ·  blanked section "Motherboards with known problems". We should
        restart from scratch
     ·  deleted section "Motherboards with NO known problems": outdated
     ·  updated dual celeron section (numerous people)
     ·  added "SPARC sun4m SMP machines" to supported SMP sparc machines
        (Anton Blanchard)
     ·  added a "During boot machine hang signaling an IOAPIC problem"
        item in "Why it doesn't work on my machine?" section
     ·  added a "What about SMP performances?" item
     ·  updated "Why doesn't my old Compaq work?" item
     ·  fixed an outdated pointer
     ·  added a pointer to Ingo test SMP patches

Best regards,
david
--
 David.Mentre@irisa.fr -- http://www.irisa.fr/prive/dmentre/