List:       linux-smp
Subject:    SMP + aic7xxx fix <?>
From:       iehrenwald () earthlink ! net
Date:       1999-09-25 3:29:50

Hi,
I think I have fixed my problem with SMP on a BP6 + 2x Celeron 400 +
2940UW.  I moved the card from PCI4 to PCI2, disabled TCQ, and recompiled
the kernel.  I've been running two instances of SETI@HOME and compiled the
kernel 20 times while accessing data on both drives and everything seems
stable now.  Beats the hell out of me why it didn't work before. But like
I said, I heard the BP6 has IRQ sharing problems.  So maybe it was
something there.  Shrug.

		--Ian Ehrenwald

-
Linux SMP list: FIRST see FAQ at http://www.irisa.fr/prive/mentre/smp-faq/