List:       linux-smp
Subject:    temp data (lm_sensors)  (was RE: Problems? Re: Abit BP6 )
From:       "Fulton CR (Charles)" <fultoncr () ucarb ! com>
Date:       1999-09-24 15:03:39

I was wondering how the temps you get from lm_sensors compare to the ones in
the bios. I just installed a bp6 and it seems like the values are very high
in the bios, cpu1 is 35-40 C and cpu2 is 28-30 C. This is right after
booting up. I have heatsink paste and two globalwin fans installed on them
also. I'm running 2-366's (not overclocked).

after rambling on... would I need to goto a 2.3.x kernel to get lm_sensors?
I'm not sure I trust the temps from the bios, as I seen other information
that they might be flaky?

thanks,

-charlie.

p.s. I love the board though, compiled 2.2.12 in under 3 minutes :)

-
Linux SMP list: FIRST see FAQ at http://www.irisa.fr/prive/mentre/smp-faq/