List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: [OT] Re: APC announces Linux support
From:       Brian Macy <bmacy () sunshinecomputing ! com>
Date:       1999-08-31 18:40:43

Mark Hahn wrote:

> > APC Offers Comprehensive Power Management Support for Linux Users
>
> which is, of course, not what Linux users generally want:
> binary-only apps just don't fit into the open-source world.
> APC (and all others!) should just provide adequate docs for what they sell.

Yep and there are no console programs, just X apps. I don't know anyone
who runs a server connected to an APC that has X support on the box.
That's fine... smupsd works fine for me... and for now on I'll get Best
Power UPSs.

Brian Macy
-
Linux SMP list: FIRST see FAQ at http://www.irisa.fr/prive/mentre/smp-faq/