List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: [OT] Re: UPS's
From:       Wakko Warner <wakko () animx ! eu ! org>
Date:       1999-07-27 21:59:58

> Speaking up APC ups's, do you use a standard 9 pin straight through rs-232
> cable to connect a SmartUPS APC 1400 andr SmartUPS APC 650 to the computers?
> The cables that came with my 2 upses have long since disappeared, and the last
> time I tried going through the UPS HOWTO I didn't see the appropriate
> information.  I really should use the intelligent software on both computers
> (one is linux x86, the other is linux ppc).

No, it's not...  The man page for apcd should have that information in it.
There's 3 wires that need to be hooked up to commumicate (obviously,
rx/tx/gnd)  If you *REALLY* REALLY need the pin outs, I might beable to get
them for you.
-
Linux SMP list: FIRST see FAQ at http://www.irisa.fr/prive/mentre/smp-faq/