List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Problems w/ 2.2.XX
From:       "Leo C. Kempel" <l.kempel () ieee ! org>
Date:       1999-02-26 20:11:56

Folks,

  I am trying to upgrade from 2.0.36 to 2.1.XX or 2.2.XX for SMP purposes.
  My 2.0.36 works fine as long as I have less than 1 GB of RAM installed.

  Trying to use 2.1.XX or 2.2.XX, I get an error on boot something
  like:  VFS:  Cannot mount root fs....

  Ideas on how to fixe this.  I have a SAG Dual 400 MHz XEON machine
  w/ a SCSI HD and CD-ROM.

Thanks,

Leo C. Kempel
Asst. Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Michigan State University
2120 Engineering Bldg.
E. Lansing, MI 48824-1126
(517) 353-9944 (Office)