List:       linux-smp
Subject:    the server hangs...
From:       "Rainer M .Landich" <landich () spdfrak ! de>
Date:       1998-10-21 16:11:44

Hello,

We have a two PII 233 MHz S.u.S.E. linux machine.
It's based upon an ASUS P2L97DS ATX with an ICP-Vortex GDT 6511 RAID 5
controller and two 3COM 3C900 net cards.

This server is running nearly perfect for about six months.
A few days ago we installed apache 1.3.1 with the functionality of an
internet proxy.
After a few minutes the server hung up without any log entry, warning or
error message (= dead lock!?).

We used apache 1.3.1 and apache 1.3.0, we changed the kernel from 2.0.33
to version 2.0.35.
But the problem persists. And we are running out of ideas...

Additional information: we use an apache with the function of a secure
web server and he is doing his duty very well.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Cordialy

--
                  \\|//
                  (@ @)

Referent der SPD-Fraktion im Deutschen Bundestag
    EDV-Organsiation und Beschaffungsstelle
    Bundeshaus - Gebäude AT III - Raum 111

      Telefon          +49-228-16-45061
      Rechenzentrum    +49-228-16-48001